Principal: Deidre O Malley
Contact: 065 708 1553
Moy National School was opened in 1846 at the old school house, now the Tommy White Memorial Community Centre. The site there had been given to the Catholic Church by the landlords, the Fitzgeralds of Carrigoran house, in the earlier part of the 19th Century. The parish began to build a Church on the site but this was left unroofed and unfinished.
In 1846 it was roofed and established as a national school. Before that education had been provided at a hedge school just one hundred meters east of the newly established national school – on the right hand side of the L1074. The National School operated in this building until 1959 when the present school was built a few hundred meters away. It became a Scoil lan-Ghaelach in1981.
At present it is a thriving school with three classrooms, a fine assembly/all purpose hall and a playing pitch.
In January 2010 a new facility was opened at the school – “Cairde Nua” pre-school. This facility provides a great opportunity for pre-school children to get acquainted with our Irish Language in a happy and jovial atmosphere and to continue to develop their language skills in Scoil Iosef Naofa.