Principal: Mary Crawford
Contact: 065 708 4311
Second level education began in the parish in 1929 when the Sisters of Mercy opened St. Joseph’s Secondary School in Spanish Point. This school has developed and expanded over the years always meeting the challenge of the times. It became co-educational in the later 1970’s and to-day provides comprehensive secondary education for the local catchment area.
A vocational school also opened in the parish, in the Ballard Road, in 1939 and it also served the area well over the years always adapting to the times and eventually amalgamating with St. Joseph’s, Spanish Point in 1977/8.
For further information on St. Joseph’s see the jubilee publication (2010) “Salty Faces and Ferocious Appetites” and www.stjosephsspanishpoint.com